Are you a proud owner of the Bose SoundLink Mini speaker, but recently noticed a flashing red light on your device? If so, you’re not alone. Many users experience this issue, which can be frustrating and disrupt your listening experience. However, the good news is that troubleshooting the problem is often straightforward and can be done without the need for professional assistance.
Troubleshooting Bose SoundLink Mini Flashing Red Light
If your Bose SoundLink Mini speaker is flashing a red light, the first step is to try charging the device. Here are the steps you can follow to troubleshoot the issue:
Step 1: Check the Charger and Power Source
Ensure that the charger is firmly connected to both the speaker and the power source.
Check that the power source is working correctly by plugging another device into the same outlet.
Step 2: Charge the Speaker
Plug the charger into the speaker and the power source.
Let the speaker charge for at least 3 hours or until the battery indicator light turns solid green.
Step 3: Reset the Speaker
If the speaker continues to flash a red light after charging, try resetting the device.
Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds until the speaker turns off.
Turn the speaker back on and check if the issue is resolved.
Step 4: Additional Tips and Precautions
Make sure the speaker is not overheating while charging, as this can affect the charging process.
If the issue persists, try using a different charging cable or power source to eliminate the possibility of a faulty charger or power source.
If you’ve followed the troubleshooting steps outlined above and your Bose SoundLink Mini speaker is still flashing a red light, you can try the following additional tips and tricks:
Reset the Bluetooth Connection
- Disconnect the speaker from your device’s Bluetooth settings.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth button on the speaker until the Bluetooth light starts flashing.
- Reconnect the speaker to your device and check if the issue is resolved.
Update the Firmware
- Make sure your speaker is up-to-date with the latest firmware.
- Visit the Bose website and download the latest firmware update for your device.
- Follow the instructions on the bose website to install the update on your speaker.
Clean the Speaker
- Try checking the speaker’s grilles for any debris, such as dust or lint, and remove it using a soft-bristled brush.
- Try also using a microfiber cloth to gently clean the speaker’s exterior.
We hope at this point you have fixed the problem at hand. With the above troubleshooting tips, you can resolve most cases of the Bose SoundLink Mini flashing red light issue. If the issue persists, you may need to contact Bose customer support for further assistance.