There are two types of resets that can be performed on a Philips TV: a soft reset and a hard reset. A soft reset involves resetting the TV’s software, while a hard reset involves resetting both the software and the hardware. The type of reset you choose will depend on the issue you are trying to resolve.
See also: How to Fix Philips TV Not Turning Off
In most cases, a soft reset is sufficient to resolve any issues with your Philips TV. However, if a soft reset does not work, a hard reset may be necessary to restore the TV to its original factory settings.
Methods for Resetting a Philips TV Without a Remote
If you don’t have access to a remote control, you can still reset your Philips TV by using the physical buttons on the device. Depending on the model of your TV, the buttons you will need to press may vary, but the process is generally similar across different models.
Follow these steps;
- Locate the buttons on your Philips TV.
- Turn off the TV using the power button.
- Press and hold the “Menu” button on the TV.
- While holding the “Menu” button, turn on the TV using the power button.
- Release the “Menu” button when the TV turns on.
- Use the arrow buttons on the TV to navigate to the “Settings” or “Setup” menu.
- Locate the “Factory Reset” or “Reset to Default” option and select it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset process.
Read also: How to Fix a Samsung TV Flashing Blue Screen
2) Connecting to a different device
Finally, if you don’t have access to a remote control and are unable to reset the TV using the buttons or the settings menu, you can try connecting the TV to another device, such as a computer or a gaming console, and using that device to control the TV. This method may not be possible for all models of Philips TVs, but it is worth trying if you are unable to reset the TV using other methods.
Follow these steps
- Connect your Philips TV to another device, such as a computer or a gaming console.
- Use the connected device to access the TV’s settings menu.
- Follow the steps outlined in Method 2 to reset the TV using the TV’s settings menu.
In this article, we have outlined alternative methods for resetting a Philips TV without a remote control: using the TV’s buttons to access TV’s settings menu, and connecting to a different device. By following the step-by-step guide provided in Section IV, you can easily reset your TV and resolve any issues with its performance.
More resources: https://www.philips.co.uk/c-f/XC000012781/what-to-do-if-the-tv-will-not-switch-on