Jabra Elite 65t left or right Earbud Not Working [Fixed]
Jabra Elite 65t earbuds are among the best earbuds on the market. So, it is to be expected that the company produces these audio devices with advanced feature innovations. But what if there is an error and either the right or the left earbud is not working?
There are a lot of reasons that could cause Jabra Elite 65t Right or left earbuds not working.
When you are dealing with Jabra Elite 65t left or right earbuds not working, check if the earbuds are charged and turned on. If your earbuds are charged and turned on, try to reset the Bluetooth connection to your mobile device. Bluetooth cache problem can stop earbuds from working properly.
Also read: How to fix Jabra elite active 75t right earbud low volume
Jabra Elite 65t left or right Earbud Not Working (Possible Causes + Fixes)
Jabra Elite 65t left or right earbuds not working is not an uncommon problem, The following are the possible causes for the problem and how you can fix them.
1) Make Sure your earbuds are turned on
This is sound obvious, but you would be surprised by how often this resolves the problem. Check the earbuds and ensure that they are charged up and turned on before moving on to troubleshoot other issues. Also, ensure that both 65t left and right earbuds are charged.
Here is how you charge Jabra 65t earbuds
- Place both of them into the charging case and close the lid (charging them fully takes about 2 hours)
- Close the lid for the charging case. When you open the lid, the lead will display different LED colours to let you know about the status of the charge. If it’s green, then it’s charged.
2) Bluetooth Connection Issues
Another cause for the Jabra elite 65t earbuds not working is the Bluetooth connection issue. To fix this problem, disconnecting both headphones and connecting them back again will help you tell whether or not there’s an interruption in the connection or not.
If that doesn’t solve the problem, try resetting the Bluetooth cache by following these steps below:
Step 1. Remove the/unpair the Bluetooth connection from the mobile device by going to settings > Connections> Bluetooth Settings.
Step 2. Make sure the Bluetooth on your device or phone is on
Step 3. Under the Bluetooth devices, go to previously connected devices and look for Jabra elite 65t.
Step 4. Touch the setting icon that’s next to the name of the earbuds (in this case Jabra elite 65t), then touch Unpair or Forget This Device.
Step 5. When the earbuds have been removed or unpaired from your phone, turn Bluetooth off.
Step 6. After turning off the Bluetooth, go back to Settings>Applications > Manage Applications. At the top of the screen select the “All” tab.
Step 7. Under “All” scroll down and select the item “Bluetooth” or “Bluetooth Share”.
Step 8. Then press the Clear Cache button /Clear Data button and Shut the Phone Off.
3) Your Earbuds just need some cleaning
Cleaning your Jabra elite 65t earbuds is one of the best practices to keep your earbuds working in optimal condition. If dust, sweat or any other substances find their way into the tiny parts of the earbuds, they may interfere with their performance.
Sometimes, ear wax can also get into the earbuds and this can reduce the audibility of your earbuds and could turn off the sounds from your earbuds.
To clean your earbuds and the charging case, follow the steps below
- Remove the ear gel and use a swab or a soft piece of cloth dampened in a little bit of warm water.
- Wipe out the surface around the hole on the ear gel and let it dry completely before use.
- Get a toothpick or a paper clip and gently insert it in the tiny hole on the earbuds. This should clean the earbuds and fix any low volume issue.
4) Jabra Elite 65t Earbuds need resetting
If either side of the earbuds is not working, try giving them a manual reset. A manual reset sometimes solves the problem. Here are the steps to follow
- Unpair the earbuds from your device, delete the pair if possible
- Remove the earbuds from the charging case and ensure the right earbud is highly charged
- Now, press the multifunction button on the right earbud for about 10 seconds
- Wait until the led flash purple (note that red will flash before purple eventually flashes)
- The earbuds have been reset at this point and the LED should show blue to indicate that they are in the pairing mode.
5) Charging case needs some cleaning
Other times, when both the right and left side of your Jabra elite 65t are not working, the problem has to do with your charging case. Your charging case may need some cleaning or even a to allow them to properly charge your earbuds. So how do you reset the charging case?
- Charging case has 4 pins inside to accommodate the 2 pins on each of the earbuds. Soil build-up on these pins can interfere with the performance of the charging case and how it charges the earbuds
- Use a dry swab to swipe out any build-up on the pins to allow proper charging of the earbuds.
6) Charging case needs a reset.
This can sound weird but this trick really works well. If your 65t right or left is not working,try resetting the charging case together with them for a good 2 hours before checking if the problem is resolved.
Here is how you do it:
- Open the charging case lid. To reset the charging case, it doesn’t matter whether or not you put your earbuds in it. But because we need to fix these earbuds, it’s necessary to put them in the charging case when doing a reset.
- Now use the USB cable to connect the charging case to a power source (ensure that you do not use higher voltage than specified in the user manual).
- The firmware reset for the charging case will automatically restart
7) Update your earbud firmware.
If your right or left earbud is not working, this could be due to a broken or an unresponsive earbud firmware. To fix this issue, your may consider installing or updating the firmware to an updated version using the Jabra sound+ app. Follow the following steps for this job:
Step 1. Ensure that the earbuds are paired with your phone or any other device you are using.
Step 2. Go to the Jabra sound+ app and open it.
Step 3. While in the sound + app, tap the discover icon and tap the update now button to initiate the update process
Step 4. When the download is complete, agree to the terms and conditions of use to enable the update of your device.
Step 5. To complete the update process, place the earbuds into the charging case and connect it to a power supply for a smooth and seamless update.
Step 6. The update can take up to 15 minutes. During this period follow all the instructions on the screen. Updating status will typically be indicated by a LED flashing a purple light.
8) Supercharge your charging case.
Another trick that seems odd and which you won’t find anywhere else is supercharging your Jabra elite charging case. It works many times.
To carry out a supercharge, simply remove the pair of your earbuds from the charging case and leave it to charge overnight. In the morning try placing the earbuds in the charging case for about 15 minutes and then test their performance. That should fix the problem.
Read also: Jabra elite active 75t left earbud low volume [Fixed]
We hope that this guide about troubleshooting your Jabra elite 65t earbuds has been really helpful for you.
However, if you have tried all our troubleshooting above and you are still facing the problem of your earbuds not working, then perhaps consider contacting JABRA support. If they can’t give you a solution they will probably give you a replacement or a refund.